Fatal error: Call to a member function sql_error() on a non-object in /host/www/forums/includes/functions.php on line 558
Study Guide - Our free preparation study guides
Practice Exam - Our free online practice exam
Forum - Get answers and help others
Books and Reviews - Find a book
Find Training - CBT, testing software, online training, etc.
Exam Site and Objectives - Official Microsoft site
Free Windows XP Tutorials - TechTutorials.net
Intro to Microsoft Certifications - CertNotes.com
Certification Links - Our favorites
About This Exam:
Candidates for this exam operate in medium to very large computing environments that use Windows XP Professional as a desktop operating system. They have a minimum of one year of experience implementing and administering any desktop operating system in a network environment.
The exam is available in: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Chinese (Simplified)
Passing Score: 700
Questions: Approx 50
Time Limit: 150 minutes
Launch Date: 10/23/01
Credit Toward: MCSA, MCSE
301 Moved Permanently
301 Moved Permanently
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.
Installing Windows XP Professional
Implementing and Conducting Administration of Resources
- Perform and troubleshoot an attended installation of Windows XP Professional.
- Perform and troubleshoot an unattended installation of Windows XP Professional.
- Install Windows XP Professional by using Remote Installation Services (RIS).
- Install Windows XP Professional by using the System Preparation Tool.
- Create unattended answer files by using Setup Manager to automate the installation of Windows XP Professional.
- Upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Windows XP Professional.
- Prepare a computer to meet upgrade requirements.
- Migrate existing user environments to a new installation.
- Perform post-installation updates and product activation.
- Troubleshoot failed installations.
Implementing, Managing, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Drivers
- Monitor, manage, and troubleshoot access to files and folders.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot file compression.
- Control access to files and folders by using permissions.
- Optimize access to files and folders.
- Manage and troubleshoot access to shared folders.
- Create and remove shared folders.
- Control access to shared folders by using permissions.
- Manage and troubleshoot Web server resources.
- Connect to local and network print devices.
- Manage printers and print jobs.
- Control access to printers by using permissions.
- Connect to an Internet printer.
- Connect to a local print device.
- Configure and manage file systems.
- Convert from one file system to another file system.
- Configure NTFS, FAT32, or FAT file systems.
- Manage and troubleshoot access to and synchronization of offline files.
Monitoring and Optimizing System Performance and Reliability
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot disk devices.
- Install, configure, and manage DVD and CD-ROM devices.
- Monitor and configure disks.
- Monitor, configure, and troubleshoot volumes.
- Monitor and configure removable media, such as tape devices.
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Configure multiple-display support.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot a video adapter.
- Configure Advanced Configuration Power Interface (ACPI).
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot input and output (I/O) devices.
- Monitor, configure, and troubleshoot I/O devices, such as printers, scanners, multimedia devices, mouse, keyboard, and smart card reader.
- Monitor, configure, and troubleshoot multimedia hardware, such as cameras.
- Install, configure, and manage modems.
- Install, configure, and manage Infrared Data Association (IrDA) devices.
- Install, configure, and manage wireless devices.
- Install, configure, and manage USB devices.
- Install, configure, and manage hand held devices.
- Install, configure, and manage network adapters.
- Manage and troubleshoot drivers and driver signing.
- Monitor and configure multiprocessor computers.
Configuring and Troubleshooting the Desktop Environment
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot performance of the Windows XP Professional desktop.
- Optimize and troubleshoot memory performance.
- Optimize and troubleshoot processor utilization.
- Optimize and troubleshoot disk performance.
- Optimize and troubleshoot application performance.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize system performance for mobile users.
- Restore and back up the operating system, System State data, and user data.
- Recover System State data and user data by using Windows Backup.
- Troubleshoot system restoration by starting in safe mode.
- Recover System State data and user data by using the Recovery console.
Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services
- Configure and manage user profiles and desktop settings.
- Configure support for multiple languages or multiple locations.
- Enable multiple-language support.
- Configure multiple-language support for users.
- Configure local settings.
- Configure Windows XP Professional for multiple locations.
- Manage applications by using Windows Installer packages.
Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting Security
- Configure and troubleshoot the TCP/IP protocol.
- Connect to computers by using dial-up networking.
- Connect to computers by using a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
- Create a dial-up connection to connect to a remote access server.
- Connect to the Internet by using dial-up networking.
- Configure and troubleshoot Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).
- Connect to resources by using Internet Explorer.
- Configure, manage, and implement Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot an Internet Connection Firewall (ICF).
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Encrypting File System (EFS).
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot a security configuration and local security policy.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot local user and group accounts.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot auditing.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot account settings.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot account policy.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot user and group rights.
- Troubleshoot cache credentials.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Internet Explorer security settings.