Free Certification Practice Tests and Study Guides
Join Us! | Login | Help

A plea to Nexon, from a MapleStory old player

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     MC MCSE Certification Forums -> Network Infrastructure Exams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4Rsercom

Post subject: A plea to Nexon, from a MapleStory old player
Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:17 am

Help others: Review your books and training products here

I'm here now to make a request to Nexon regarding the permanent bans which Cheap Maplestory Mesos were handed out as penalties due to the cube exploit which took place last December. I feel some of these bans don't fit the punishment especially in light of recent events.

The reason I am writing this really is, a person I knew (a good friend of mine) was banned in the aftermath of the December cube exploit. As I am certain you are aware, following such an exploit takes place, the market is immediately flooded with exceptionally excellent items. Ordinarily, the exploited items would be relatively easy to spot, however this exploit took place during Miracle Time. As a result of this, some items were purchased without a lot of suspicion and it's understandable as anyone would buy powerful items in a rush if they were being sold at a cheap cost.

My friend wasn't the only person who was penalized for coming into contact with exploited items as many different players were permanently banned for unknowingly acquiring exploited items. Most if not all of these innocent victims would never have voluntarily bought these used items had they known of their dubious nature, especially not at the possibility of their account.

For many years, my buddy has put a great deal of time, effort, and money into this game and has consistently followed the game's Terms of Use. He wouldn't, under any circumstances, take advantage of an exploit because of how passionate he is about the game. I strongly feel this applies to a majority of the players who were banned for just coming into contact with illegitimate items. Several of the folks have attempted to appeal their bans, but Nexon has declined them all as they think that everyone involved (knowingly or unknowingly) are guilty of taking part in the tap.

Finally, my friend gave up and recognized his own undeserved punishment, and came to terms with it. But this changed when the specific same exploit happened once more (this time, on July 24th). According to a lot of sources, July's exploit was an exact replica of this one in December, yet when the time came outside to provide the punishments, just those individuals who performed the exploit were banned. Everyone else that came by the Maplestory items were abandoned unbanned and most if not all of the exploited items stay in flow. Fundamentally, a much lighter penalty has been given out this moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     MC MCSE Certification Forums -> Network Infrastructure Exams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: